Translate


Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Wonder Inciting World

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
--Shakespeare (Macbeth V.v)  

I awake each morning and upon opening my eyes, I’m amazed and astonished and marvel at the wonder inciting world that I wake to, my first thought urges me to thank my Creator, and this I do, for the gift of life, and I do believe it a gift, is far more than my mind can fully grasp. To actually believe and feel that we are but poor players on the stage of life in some sort of shoddy charade is beyond my reality. For those who think this, I can only think that poor health or an illness could bring one to such a state, for I understand that illness can deliver a punch that can knock the wind from one’s soul. But if one is in reasonable health, and still is of this existential nature, then I think one either knowingly or unknowingly has turned from God, for when one seeks not God, then more often than not, one seeks self, or unwittingly, dwells on self. When brain chemistry is not an issue and one is losing grip on life, then turning oneself around and facing the Creator can be the most important act of one’s life. Seeking God will change a life of nothingness to a life of gratefulness, a life of waking each morning to wonder inciting life! And you’ll need an instruction manual. The instruction manual I always recommend is the “red letter” Bible. Go to a book store and find a Bible with all of Jesus’ quotes printed in red ink, then take it home and begin your new life, and at first, don’t dwell on the black text, just spend your time taking in all that is red.

Shalom,
Bro. Bartleby

No comments: